To make sure your mattress lasts longer, it’s important for you to know how to keep it clean. Mattresses are the centerpiece of a room and hence often attract stains, dead skin of the human body, dirt, and other debris.
You might think about how to get stains out of a mattress easily. But, once you read the below 8 steps, it wouldn’t be difficult anymore.
Eight Easy Steps On How To Get Stains Out Of Mattress
- To fully clean your amazing mattress, you will need these materials to work. Gather up:
- A vacuum with an upholstery attachment
- A dish soap solution to get stains out
- Laundry detergent
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Baking soda
- Cleaning cloths
Remove sheets, pillowcases, and mattress covers. Let them dry till you are working on a mattress. Washing all the dirty bedclothes in hot water will help you get rid of dust mites.
Grab up your vacuum cleaner and attach all upholstery attachments. Vacuum the entire surface of the mattress with its sides included. To get rid of any hidden dirt or dust, pay special attention to seams.
This step involves spot-cleaning. Because sometimes when you have a kid at home, you think of how to get a pee stain out of a mattress, or vomit, blood stains from it.
So, target each stain with an appropriate cleaning technique.
- Urine, sweat, and vomit: First, slightly damp the stained area with tap water. Prepare a mixture of 3% of hydrogen peroxide, 3 tablespoons of baking soda, and a few drops of dishwashing liquid. Pour them in a spray bottle. Spray the solution over the affected area and gently brush until the stain disappears.
- Blood: Get rid of blood with the above technique. Keep in mind that the water and cleaning solution are both cold. To bring down the temperature of hydrogen peroxide you might have to put it in the fridge for an hour or so, after mixing the solution.
- Food and Drink stains: For coffee, red wine, or food stains, prepare a solution with the following ingredients, one part of laundry detergent, one part vinegar, and 10 parts water. Pour them in a spray bottle. Damp the stain with the solution and rub the affected area with a soft scrub brush or toothbrush. Finally, remove any excess liquid using a dry towel.
Pour baking soda over the top and bottom of the mattress. Let it settle for some hours. If okay let it dry for the complete night.
Once the baking soda has done its work, thoroughly vacuum it up. Then flip the mattress and repeat steps 1 to 6 till both sides are equally clean.
Flip the mattress and repeat steps 1-6 so both sides are equally clean and fresh.
After these steps you must know how to clean a mattress, it’s time to protect it. Once it’s dry, cover it with a protector, this will make cleaning easier in the future.
Get The Best Professional Mattress Cleaning Services For Your Mattress
Green Air Care has years of experience removing every hard stain from your mattress. Our professionals can safely deep clean your rugs which is very important for your health and home. Want more mattress cleaning tips? Follow our blog section to know all the effective cleaning hacks.